Welcome back to Good Music Monday at Carrots! Here’s a Spotify playlist just for you to enjoy for this last sizzling week of July (just a few more weeks of unbearable heat to go!).
Summer feels like it’s flying by at break neck speed. The kids are doing their second week of swim lessons then we’ll get our tiny apartment at the farm all packed up in August and move to the new house in September just as homeschooling really kicks back into gear and I prepare for a few fall speaking gigs. Do things ever slow down?!
Daniel’s wrapping up his internship responsibilities and is keeping busy job hunting. Would love your prayers for a great opportunity for him in Waco. St. Joseph, pray for us!
Ready for some good music?
(You might have to click over to the actual site to access the Spotify playlist if you’re reading on a feed reader.)
- The Bad Days: David Ramirez (This is our fellow farmie Natalie’s brother! Currently very obsessed with this song. Such a powerful reminder that even on the bad days, I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.)
- Falling Slowly: Glen Hasard and Marketa Irglova (Remember Once?! That was my jam in college.)
- Little Black Star: Hurray for the Riff Raff (Has a little bit of an O Brother, Where Art Thou feel.)
- Kansas City: The New Basement Tapes (I thought this was Mumford and Sons at first and no wonder, Marcus Mumford is on vocals.)
- The Things I Regret: Brandi Carlile (New to me song.)
- It’s Real: Real Estate (Haven’t listened to Real Estate in ages! Good stuff.)
- Heartbeat: Kopecky (Spotify’s Discover Weekly found this one for me and I’m loving it.)
- Blue Moon: Beck (Why is Beck so good?!)
- Love to Get Used: Matt Pond (So catchy.)
- In the Aeroplane Over the Sea: Roma di Luna (Love this cover of the Neutral Milk Hotel song.)
- Waves: Electric Guest (A good dance-y number to follow us the last ballad.)
- Modern Nature: Sondre Lerche (This was one of my 10 favorite songs in college. Still love it so much.)
Hope you enjoy it!