It’s been ages and ages since Good Music Monday has shown up at Carrots! So, here’s a Spotify playlist just for you to enjoy on this beautiful spring Monday whether you’re making the morning drive, cleaning up the breakfast dishes, or whatever your day requires.
Here’s a mix of what I’ve been listening to lately when I need a boost. It’s a pretty eclectic mix with some old songs and some new. I think that it’s got just the right amount of twang. Hope you enjoy it!
(And you might have to click over to the actual site to access the Spotify playlist if you’re reading on a feed reader.)
(And if the playlist isn’t showing up in your browser, you can click here to find it on Spotify.)
- Such Great Heights: Joy Kills Sorrow (Love the original, but this is a fun cover.)
- Lonely Town: Brandon Flowers (The whole album is fantastic and is probably the most-played album this year in my house during kitchen clean up when I need a dance break.)
- Seventeen: Sjowgren (Just super catchy.)
- Wake Up: Arcade Fire (Oldie, but goodie.)
- Spit on a Stranger: Pavement (Love this cover of the Nickel Creek song! EDIT: Thanks to Paul for letting me know in the comments that this was a Pavement song FIRST and then covered by Nickel Creek. Oops!)
- 1234: Feist (If in doubt, play some Feist.)
- Jackrabbit: San Fermin (Just another catchy one.)
- Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise: Avett Brothers (Daniel and I got to see them a year ago and they were amazing. All Avetts, all the time is my motto.)
- Blank Space: Ryan Adams (From his 1989 album of covers from Taylor Swift.)
- Gone for Good: The Shins (According to Garden State, The Shins will change your life.)
- Shake It Out: Florence + the Machine (Try not to dance. You can’t do it.)
- Live/Die: Nellie Pearl (New to me, but a fun one.)
- Somebody That I Used to Know: Seth Avett and Jessica Lea Mayfield (JUST discovered that Seth Avett–of the Avett Brothers–and Jessica Lea Mayfield recorded an entire album of Elliott Smith Songs! RIP Elliott Smith.)
- We’re from Barcelona: I’m from Barcelona (Weird band. Catchiest song in the world. And you always need happy songs after Elliott Smith.)
- Past Lives: BORNS (I was putting this mix together in a coffee shop and seriously couldn’t keep from tapping my toes to this one.)
- Why Does It Always Rain on Me?: Travis (This was my jam in high school!)
- Odell: Lowland Hum (Another new one to me.)
- Old Friend: Sea Wolf (Everything Sea Wolf is so good.)
- Cleopatra: The Lumineers (Love the Lumineers!)
- Kick Drum Heart: Avett Brothers (I NEVER have more than one song by the same artist in the same mix, but I’m breaking my rule because this song is what your Monday needs. Monday is already better, right?)
Get on your boots and go get this week!
Ahhhh I completely forgot about I’m From Barcelona!!! My best friend and I listened to them all the time our senior year of college. I’m going to have to give them a listen this week. :o)
SAME! I distinctly remember dancing to that song during my senior year, haha.
Everyday is better with a double dose of the Avett Brothers. We saw them in concert last year, and are still dancing. 🙂
Great playlist. Happy Monday!
So true! They’re the best. Thanks, Ashley!
It’s been aaaages since I’ve listened to music! Been catching all of your podcast episodes! 😉 I need to take a listen to this gold mine collective!
Aw, thanks for listening, Rosalie! <3
Great mix! FYI – Spit On A Stranger is originally by Pavement and Nickel Creek later covered it (not the other way around).
I stand corrected! Thanks for letting me know, Paul 🙂
This is great! Have you heard Renaissance by San Fermin? That’s another good one 🙂
Listening right now! Love it. Thanks, Emily!
Well, I’m Old.
Thanks for sharing! I needed some new music!
I LOVED Travis in HS too! Ok, I still do, but kinda forgot about them. I saw them a couple times, and even got Fran to leave my voice mail message on my phone 🙂 Excited to listen to this playlist!
No way! Please tell me you never changed your message!!!!
You make the best playlists. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Aw, thanks, Kirsten!
Yay! I was just looking around for a good playlist! Glad to have another Carrots playlist!
needed this today!!! Thanks!
The Avett Brothers just released this song and it’s SO SO GOOD. Perfect dancing in the kitchen with kids song. http://youtu.be/9J4fhXimpW0
RIP Elliott Smith. waaaa;)