Y’all, thank you SO MUCH for filling out the reader survey I posted on the Carrots five year anniversary post. I was honestly floored by how many of you took the time to help give me feedback and I really appreciate it. I love this little spot of the internet and I want it to serve my readers well. Thanks for such helpful feedback and for being the best readers ever!
I said I would give away a copy of our ebook, but y’all were so wonderful that I decided to give away 10 copies because…you deserve it. I sent emails to the winners so if you are one of the following lovely ladies, check your inbox!
Maggie Horn (p.s. Maggie, can you email me? Your email bounced back.)
I’m gonna break up the results of the survey into two posts because ain’t nobody got time for super long posts, amirite?! Today the basics, and next time the big lessons I learned. Here’s a few things that jumped out at me right away:
- My average reader is a lot like me. 99% of my readers are women. Either that or men don’t fill out surveys on blogs. Daniel said, “700 people filled out the survey?! That’s crazy. I would never fill one out.” So maybe he’s not alone. Anyhow. Most Carrots readers are religious, married, mothers, and around my age.
- But lots of my readers are very different from me, which I love.
- You love that Carrots covers a variety of topics and you like almost all of them.
- But most of you have at least one or two topics that you’d rather skip over.
- You don’t agree on which topics those are. (For example, some of you said, “This Week’s Miscellany bores me to tears” and others said, “Can you please do more posts like TWM? They’re my favorite.” More on all that in the next post.
Ok, so here’s some graphics! Everybody loves graphics! I’m gonna start with some of the basics:
How old are you?
Relationship status is…
How many kid live at your house?
Are you a blogger?
What’s your religious affiliation?
Where do you spend most of your social media time?
What do you think about Natural Family Planning?
- A big thanks to my fellow bloggers because half of you discovered Carrots when it was linked to by another blog. I appreciate it! And thanks for sharing posts on FB because that’s how most of the rest of you found Carrots–through a friend’s FB link.
- Most of you come to the actual site to read each post. But a good portion of Carrots readers use Feedly, Bloglovin, or subscribe by email.
Ok, folks. Now the conundrums.
My favorite posts at Carrots are about….(choose 4)
Ok, so it’s pretty clear that Motherhood, Faith, Liturgical Year, Books, Marriage/NFP and TWM are all strong favorites. It’s clear that Blogging is NOT a favorite. Point taken, y’all. I don’t write about blogging very often but when I do….I just won’t write about blogging very often.
My LEAST favorite posts at Carrots are about….(choose 4)