I had a reader recommend Golden Tote a few weeks ago so I was thrilled when the very next day, Golden Tote asked if I would like to try them out and share about my experience. Here’s how it works: every month they offer a surprise grab bag of clothes and accessories. You choose two items and Golden Tote curates the rest for you based on a style profile that you fill out on their web site.
So when my tote arrived, I knew I would really like what I had picked out but the four other items were a surprise.
Yes, I actually stopped to take a photo of the tote contents for you before diving in because that’s how much I love you. Is my devotion noted? Great. On to the clothes!
Dress// c/o Golden Tote. Necklace // chloe + isabel
I give you Item #1. This dress is one of the two items I picked out myself. And I adore it. My tote actually arrived on my doorstep just before Daniel was going to take me out to birthday dinner and I changed out of whatever I was wearing into this because….love.
I love the pattern, I love the cut. Dress it up with heels or dress it down with sandals. Win. And when I chose the dress on Golden Tote’s web site, they warned me that it ran a tad large, so I ordered a size smaller than I normally would and I’m glad I did.
Jeans // c/o Golden Tote, Sandals // Target, Shirt // Target, Necklace // chloe + isabel
And for Item #2, the second piece I chose, skinny jeans! I really needed a good pair of skinnies and these are perfect. The web site warned me that they ran a tad small, so I ordered a size up. And I’m wearing them in almost every photo, so…be warned.
Top // c/o Golden Tote, Sandals // Target, Jeans // c/o Golden Tote, Necklace // chloe + isabel
It’s hard to see the pretty lace detail of Item #3 in the first photo. This shirt makes me think of an updated Anne of Green Gables or something marvelous. I may have worn it three times since my Golden Tote arrived 6 days ago. This is one of the items Golden Tote curated for me and it’s a match made in heaven. I would have snatched it off the rack myself, for sure. The same cannot be said of Item #4…
Kimono // c/o Golden Tote, Shirt // thrifted, Jeans // c/o Golden Tote
Trying to rock it, but I would not have picked this out myself. It makes me want to say things like “fabulous!” and then move to South Florida.
Maybe I just don’t know how to wear kimonos. Kimono styling tips wanted. Blythe? Hook me up.
Top // c/o Golden Tote, Jeans // c/o Golden Tote, Shoes // thrifted
Ok, so when I first pulled this one out of my tote I thought no way. But then I tried it on…and I kind of love it. A lot.
If it weren’t 10,000 degrees in Florida right now, I would make this my momiform. Just wait til November, y’all…JUST WAIT.
Dress // c/o Golden Tote, Shoes and Belt // Target, Necklace // chloe + isabel
I tried this one on and liked it…then I belted it and loved it. Wore it to Mass on Sunday.
My favorite part is the sleeves.
So, here’s all m’ thoughts on Golden Tote:
- It’s less of a gamble than Stitch Fix. Because you choose some of your items, you won’t ever get a tote with no wins.
- You can budget for a tote knowing exactly how much it’ll cost ya. One of the tricky things about Stitch Fix is that you never know how much the items in your fix will cost. With Golden Tote, it’s just a flat rate of $49 for the 2-3 item tote and $149 for the 5-7 item tote. You cannot send individual items back, but you CAN return the whole tote.
- In general, I LOVE the clothes and I think they fit my style really well. Only one out of the six items may not be a staple of my wardrobe from now on (kimono…unless someone teaches me how to style it.)
- The clothes are reasonably priced. 6 pieces for $149 means that each item was less than $25. If I went shopping myself, I might be able to find a shirt for $25, but a great pair of jeans and those dresses would cost me much more.
- I didn’t have to leave my house. Did I mention that I didn’t have to leave my house with three adorable, but vivacious children in tow? I didn’t have to go ANYWHERE.
- I was very impressed by the sizing. Everything fit.
- Fun factor: A+
A big thanks to Golden Tote for letting me try out their wonderful service! They offer a new tote every month, so right now you can check out September’s Golden Tote!
Disclosure: Affiliate links are included in this post. Review product was complimentary. Opinions all my own.
What do you think, friends? Wins? Styling tips? Kimono tips? Spill!