Welcome back to Good Music Monday at Carrots! I’ve had lots of requests for a new playlist of tunes and I’m finally getting around to it. I can’t believe I blogged nary a once in the month of February! Combination of pregnancy nausea, book edits, writing projects, my brother’s wedding, and a speaking event in Miami just about did me in. But spring has sprung in central Texas. Flowers are blooming, the snow, sleet, and horrible GREY is gone and the sun is back. And now that I’m firmly in the second trimester, I’m not feeling as much like my body is made of lead and have been doing exciting things like getting out of bed in the morning.
So here’s some of the tunes I’ve been listening to while trying to pull us out of the black hole of house chaos from my months in bed. Lots of new-to-me artists and songs!
Ok, so I created a Spotify playlist so you can listen. Overall, I think they’re pretty uplifting you-can-clean-your-kitchen-to-them kinda songs.
Ready for some good music?
(You might have to click over to the actual site to access the Spotify playlist if you’re reading on a feed reader.)
- The Race: Oh Pep! (You can’t NOT clean your kitchen–and dance–while listening to this one).
- Mary: Big Thief
- Fleeting Moments: Pocketbooks
- Praying: Kesha (I feel like this song is surprisingly theologically correct.)
- Golden Daze: Doc Robinson
- If We Were Vampires: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (Listen carefully to the lyrics. They are GOOD.)
- Die Young: Sylvan Esso (Why is she SO GOOD?)
- Still Love: Great Caesar
- This Time: Land of Talk
- SGL: Now, Now (I keep second guessing myself about whether this song is lame or great. But then I start humming along so I’m just going with it.)
- Turn Out the Lights: Julien Baker
- Severed: The Decemberists (This one’s….maybe not uplifting. I’m not sure exactly what’s happening here, but I still find it kinda catchy.)
- I Know a Place: MUNA
- Slip Away: Perfume Genius
- Lighthouse: Adrianne Lenker
- Rose-Colored Boy: Paramore (Guilty pleasure song.)
- After Many Miles: The Ghost of Paul Revere
- Plimsoll Punks: Alvvays
- Particle: Hundred Waters
- Hem of Her Dress: First Aid Kit
- Grow: The Oh Hellos
- Things Happen: Dawes (My favorite coffee pub plays Dawes ALL THE TIME and I am there for it.)
- Sailor to Siren: Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop (I will love Sam Beam always and forever.)
Hope you enjoy it!