Welcome back to Good Music Monday at Carrots!
Last week during Holy Week we played a lot of classical: Handel’s Messiah, Lent at Ephesus, and Bach’s St. Matthew Passion. But now it’s Eastertide and I’m ready to play some cheery tunes–although there’s always some melancholy included in my playlists because that seems to be what draws me.
Wishing each of you a Happy Easter!
Ready for some good music?
(You might have to click over to the actual site to access the Spotify playlist if you’re reading on a feed reader.)
- Cornbread and Butterbeans: Carolina Chocolate Drops (This song makes me SO HAPPY.)
- Put a Light On: Generationals (Found this one through Spotify’s Discover Weekly.)
- La Vie En Rose: Daniela Andrade (I love all of Andrade’s covers, but my 3yo is her biggest fan.)
- Westside: The Kooks (Super catchy.)
- The Blower’s Daughter: Damien Rice (This Damien Rice album was on constant rotation during my late high school years and I still love it.)
- Shape Shifter: Local Natives (New to me song/band.)
- The Scientist: Willie Nelson (My 5yo loves this cover of the Coldplay song and I do, too.)
- A-Punk: Vampire Weekend (This one makes me feel like I’m on spring break in college.)
- I Don’t Recall: Lavender Diamond (Another new-to-be artist/song I found through Discover Weekly.)
- Terrible Love: The National (This whole album is. so. good.)
- Louder Than a Lion: Eisley (I got to re-live freshman year by seeing Eisley a few weeks ago at my favorite college hangout. I hadn’t kept up with their music post-Room Noises and discovered I really liked their newer stuff. They’re all really fun to follow on Instagram, too.)
- I Wish I Was: The Avett Brothers (Have I ever posted an Avett-free playlist? I think not.)
- Cut & Run: Civilian (Opening band for that Eisley show, and new to me. It sounds like a band I’d really have liked in college. I keep trying to decide if I like them now.)
- We Will Become Silhouettes: The Shins (The only thing better than The Postal Service is The Shins covering The Postal Service.)
- Don’t Break My Heart Again: Yarn (I love the bluegrass-y feel to this one.)
- Blue Skies: Noah and the Whale (Can’t decide if this one’s happy or sad.)
Hope you enjoy!
P.S. I’m planning a home tour of our new-ish house (we moved in in September….I’m slow to make these things happen) for my email subscribers next week. So be sure you’re on the list so you can get the secret posts I don’t post on the blog! (It’s free, of course, and you can sign up here.)