Sheenazing! And Sorry for the Crickets….

Sheen Nominated

Yay! It’s Sheenazing Awards time and voting is now open. It’s like the Academy Awards of the Catholic blogosphere and you can support your favorite Catholic blogs by taking a minute to vote over at A Knotted Life. It would make my day if you voted for Carrots and I’m honored to be nominated with some of my favorite blogs on the ballot.

You kind folks nominated me for: Best Looking Blog, Most Inspiring Blog, Best Lifestyle Blog, Best Blog by a Mom, Smartest Blog, and Coolest Blogger

Seriously, you’re the best. And you deserve a blogger that doesn’t let her blog sit for a week with no new content (sorry!). On second thought, it’s likely nobody even noticed, haha.

The truth is that I was completely worn to a frazzle after getting hit with tonsilitis the bazillionth time (on and off since October. Gah!), battling some milk supply issues due to illness and stress, and super duper sleep-deprived. I was staying up too late and getting up too early and things just snapped. So I took a few days off to just rest and cluster feed Baby Gwen while trying a million and one natural remedies to get rid of the throat infection without antibiotics. I feel sooooo much better now and I’m determined not to burn the candle at both ends again.

So, coming soon I can’t wait to share some fun liturgical living resources, tell you about my “one word” for 2014, a new post from Daniel and more. It’s been torture NOT writing for several days in a row because now my post idea lists are out of control and I’ve got too many thoughts banging around in my head trying to escape.

The moral of the story is: thanks so much for nominating me and being such wonderful, clever, and encouraging readers! Don’t forget to vote for your favorite Catholic bloggers over at Bonnie’s! It’s lots of fun and it means so much to all the nominees.

Oh, and a question for you. Some of my favorite bloggers have email newsletters that come out once or twice a month to share this and that with their faithful readers. I’m thinking of jumping on the bandwagon. What sort of things would you like to hear about? Books? Liturgical Living? Catholic stuff? Family stuff? Links I loved and want to share? I’d love to know what you’d be interested in hearing about, so share in the comments!

Comments

I was actually just thinking about how I hadn’t seen anything new from you in a while :-) However, taking care of yourself and feeding your sweet baby are much more important!

As for the newsletter, I’d love to hear about all those things you listed :-)

2. Megan says

I would love to see more liturgical living ideas/inspiration. I’m new to whole “liturgical year” thing and find it a wee bit overwhelming!

I noticed! I kept checking, at one point I thought, “Oh, no! What’s happened to Haley!”

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Take that rest time when you need it and never feel guilty about it!

I would love more on the liturgical year. Maybe, some “How to celebrate ______ Day”, or how you guys do, anyway. That would be interesting. I am also new to the liturgical year (RCIA).

Good luck with the awards!

I totally know that feeling of all the posts rattling around in my head while I having things to get done that are more important than blogging. Glad you’re on the mend and can’t wait to read more!

Obvious solution: have one of your identical quintuplet sisters take care of the rest while you blog? Or if the more popular “KENDRA ROBOT THEORY” is correct, can Kendrabot do both at the same time? And thanks! Feels good to feel good again :)

5. Laura says

I agree that a newsletter would be fun, and I’d love to see more liturgical year stuff!

Good on you for taking a break for a bit. Tonsillitis is a nasty thing (I had to get my own tonsils removed at 4 because of it)! Take care of you and yours first, Haley, and best of luck in the Sheenazing!

Thanks, Laura! Once Gwen is weaned, I’m gonna seriously look into getting mine removed. I keep reading contradictory reports about how effective it is, but I’m leaning toward getting them out!