Welcome to the Books I Read in 2013 link-up! I had so much fun chatting about books with you in the comments of last year’s post that I decided to do a link up so you can share about your reads from the past year (and if you don’t have a blog, feel free to share about what you read in 2013 in the comments!). Here’s how it works, in your post just list out the books you read in 2013 (with or without reviews) and then add the Books I Read in 2013 image (you can grab the code at the bottom of the page) and add your link to the link up below!
Books I Read in 2013:
- The Penderwicks at Point Moutte by Jeanne Birdsall (If you have a daughter, would like a daughter, or have ever been a daughter, please read the Penderwicks series! These are the most delightful books for young readers that I’ve read since the Anne of Green Gables books.)
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (a re-read)
- Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery (Just as much fun as the Anne books!)
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell (I loved both these Gaskell novels. If you love Jane Austen, I highly recommend Mrs. Gaskell.)
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte (A gift from a dear friend. I can’t say I like Anne as much as Charlotte, but I think I like her more than Emily.)
- The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene (It’s been on my to-read list forever and it was wonderful.)
- Scoop by Evelyn Waugh (Not as memorable as Brideshead, Helena, A Handful of Dust, or Sword of Honour, but hilarious.)
- The Domestic Church by Donna Marie Cooper O’Boyle (Modern devotionals are not my favorite genre, but I thought this one for Catholic mamas was very good.)
- The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov (Someone explain this book to me. I feel accomplished that I finally finished it but haven’t the slightest idea what it means.)
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making by Catherynne Valente (Just heaps of good fantastical fun.)
- Pope Awesome and Other Stories by Cari Donaldson (Read it all in one day because it’s that good.)
- Start by Jon Acuff (Businessy self-helpy books aren’t my cup of tea, but I got a free copy from Blissdom and ended up enjoying it and getting motivated to work on our book.)
- Dad Is Fat by Jim Gaffigan (I took this book on vacation and laughed so hard.)
- You Are a Writer by Jeff Goins
Started, but didn’t finish yet. I’m a several books at a time kinda girl:
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (kind of a re-read. I’ve read the 600 page abridged version but never the whole giant thing.)
Chapter book read alouds with the kids:
And then Daniel and I read/re-read/edited our book, Feast! Real Food, Reflections, and Simple Living for the Christian Year a bajillion times so, I think that counts, too?
If you compare this list to my reading goals for 2013 I didn’t complete every book I’d hoped to. But on the other hand I did add some in that I didn’t plan on. And half the year I was pregnant and the other half I had a newborn, so my brain was comparable to soggy oatmeal. All in all, not too shabby?
I’m getting excited about compiling my reading goals for 2014! Any must-read suggestions?
Here’s the code to grab for the Books I Read in 2013 image for your post:
And just link up below! The link up is open until January 7th at midnight EST!