The Big Reveal: This Baby Carrot Is a…

photo-427

No, I didn’t bake a pink or blue cake to show you. I don’t have any fancy, crafty pinteresty reveal planned. This craft-challenged gal is just gonna straight up tell you the news! Well, after a little background story:

Have I ever told you about how my husband is a gender prediction wizard? He was NEVER wrong until he guessed “boy” for some friends of ours a couple of months ago and we were all shocked to find out that despite Daniel’s prediction, they were having a girl. I think he had guessed 12 babies right in a row.

I, on the other hand, never fail to be wrong, at least about predicting what my babies are. I was pretty sure Benjamin was an Eleanor and that Lucy was a John Paul. This time, because my pregnancy has been like my first (really horrible morning sickness), I was convinced we were having another boy. I hadn’t even really imagined what it would be like to have another girl next.

So….I was SHOCKED when the ultrasound tech said, “GIRL!” She looks healthy and happy and beautiful! We are thrilled. Benjamin hasn’t quite come to terms with the fact that he’s not getting a baby brother. He says the baby just hasn’t grown a penis yet and that he’s going to call him Fred. Oh well. We’ll get there.

I never got to have a sister and I’m so excited that Lucy will have one to be besties with!

Praise God for the gift of another healthy little girl baby! I still haven’t wrapped my head around the awesomeness of this news :)

Comments

Yay!!! Congratulations! So excited for you, Haley!

I may have laughed out loud when I read Benjamin’s thoughts on the whole affair :) what a fun little guy!

Wishing you and your family all the best this new year!

Congratulations to all the Carrots family! I am so excited for you and can’t wait for sweet baby girl to be a bigger part of these posts. God has blessed you abundantly. All glory, laud and honor to Him. Congratulations!

(PS. I also like to guess, and guessed you’d be having a girl. I’ve been right at least six times now so we’ll see how my record compares with Daniel’s. ;) Also, Benjamin never fails to amuse me. So cute… )

Thank you so much, Haley. I get overwhelmed thinking about the blessing of this new little girl. How do you guys do it? I am ALWAYS wrong. Always, always, always.

3. LMM says

Wonderful news! I am so excited for your growing family. We recently found out that our May baby is a girl too – after two boys, it was such a sweet surprise! For me, anyway – the three year old sobbed “I hate girls!” (No idea where that came from.) Can’t wait to find out what name you pick!

4. Jenna says

Congratulations!!!!!! This has made my day…even though I guessed boy. So exciting! I never had a sister either, so I can just imagine your excitement that Lucy will have one!

5. Sarah says

Congrats! She could be a Winifred! The meaning is lovely . . . “holy, blessed reconciliation; joy and peace”. Then Benjamin can call her Fred

6. Marta Pisco says

Congratulations Carrots Family!
    All the best and happy new year! I do have a sister, and it’s seriously the best “gift” you could have given Lucy. Stay well, enjoy Three Kings tomorrow, love!
    Marta